Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Birthday at a Campground (Vacation Part Trois)

No Pictures, please!
This is how our beloved six year old, Avery, started out her birthday. She made sure we packed her "6" shirt so everyone would know she was six now, but she didn't want me to comb her hair. I did anyway. Because I'm mean like that, and Avery made sure I knew it. We quickly got over this little difference of opinion (she was sure that because it was her birthday she didn't have to do anything she didn't want to, and I drew the line with the hair combing) and proceeded to have a good day! She got to swim, hike, and play at the playground. And, of course, the part she was most excited for.... presents!!
Hannah Presents
Avery (and Skylar, if you remember her birthday!) is a HUGE Hannah Montana fan. Not that they watch the TV show too much, they are really just a marketing dream. But she *loved* her Hannah shirt and Lunchbox... they are going to be with her on the first day of school, I believe!
Beloved Bratz Hairstyler
And this Bratz doll has gotten her hair styled more times than I can count. My little girl has some skillz in the hair styling department.
Photobucket
We went out for pizza after opening presents, and then picked up her DQ ice cream cake on the way back to the campground. It was an easy way to solve the "How do you do a birthday cake when you don't have an oven?" question. We bought one. And it was delicious!

1 comment:

Tera said...

Pam-I'm loving your frequent updates! Braylee is like your girls...watches HM shows occasionally, but really is more into the Stuff. Love the fishing story...I need some boys. ;) BTW, I'm surprised your kids aren't in school yet? School started here on the 12th...too early I think.