Thursday, September 25, 2008

Perhaps.


Perhaps I should spend a couple of minutes and write about Skylar's new favorite word, which happens to be: Perhaps.


Imagine, if you will, a four year old-- who still hasn't managed to grow hair on the top of her head, not that it matters, but I'm just saying-- using the word "perhaps" appropriately and frequently throughout the day. For example:


In response to the question "What would you like for lunch today, Skylar?"


"Um... perhaps some cheese and crackers, an apple, and a lemon yogurt?"


While trying to get out of taking a nap:


"Perhaps I could NOT take a nap today, and perhaps take one tomorrow instead?"


While getting dressed:


"I should perhaps save this skirt to wear to preschool tomorrow. I'll wear these shorts today."


Negotiating a snack:


"Perhaps I can have come candy corn now, and perhaps a granola bar later?"


I'm not sure what it is about the word that it making her use it so much lately. Perhaps she just likes the way it feel on her lips? Perhaps she thinks it makes her sound intelligent? Perhaps it's just another item on the list of things that make Skylar.... Skylar.


1 comment:

Brandy said...

Too funny! She sounds so grown up!LOL It makes me think of Kaden when I yell for him and he says "What is it, Mom?"

So grown up!