Friday, December 5, 2008

He's been waiting for this.


Anyone know what these are? These lovely-- not yet smelly-- delightfully athletic foot coverings? These represent the beginning of the ERA (perhaps it's too soon to call it an era, but in the event that it turns into one, I can look back at this and say "I called it!! I called it!!") here in our happy household.
Anyone? Anyone? Ok. I'll tell you. Those... things... are wrestling shoes. Yep. Although Jeff would probably deny it (Heck, he HAS denied it) I'm pretty close to positive he's been waiting for this moment ever since his little (!?!? See the SIZE of those shoes?) boys were born. Wrestling. Jeff's "thing". He started wrestling when he was Hunter's age. And didn't stop until he graduated from Purdue. And even now, likes to pull moves on unsuspecting children of all genders and ages.
So, the boys have started wrestling. And, my goodness, they require a Commitment (with a capital "C") out of these boys. Every Monday and Thursday from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm they practice. They also will have some meets, although we don't know a lot about them yet.
I do have to say that he didn't pressure them, although he DID make it sound like it would be really fun. And it probably IS really fun. But I'm a girl. I don't know anything about wrestling, except that the few times Jeff took me to a wrestling meet I always felt... concern. No, concern is too tame a word. Alarm is better. Alarm, as in I should call 911 because that kid is seconds away from breaking his arm/leg/spine/whatever!!
Jeff is SO going to roll his eyes at me and call me out for this entry. I say: bring it on!

3 comments:

Brandy said...

I'll back you up! I feel the same way...not to mention I always wondered: what's the fun in rolling around on the ground w/another guy? I just don't get it. LOL

Anonymous said...

MOM, BEWARE!!
The boys will meet their best friends for life on the wrestling mat!!
Go BIG PAPA, lead 'em to the promise land! IOWA-a wrestlers heaven!!
LOVE Y'ALL, UNCLE JABBA

Anonymous said...

good luck with the wrestling thing