Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Quiet (ha!) for two more days...

School is out in two days. Finally the "countdown" has gotten so close that I'm paying attention to it. TWO days, Mom! Today is the LAST day of GYM, Mom! ONE more sleep then the LAST day of school, Mom!

I think I must hate change. Because I sit here, wondering what in the world we are going to do all summer! But I know equally as certainly that come August, I'll be wondering where the summer went and be sad that everyone has to go back to school! So, either I hate change, or nothing can make me happy. Pick one, I guess.

Yesterday, I was "Salon Mom". I gave haircuts to Skylar, Kaia and Jeff. I wish I had a picture of the back of Jeff's head because everyone would feel sorry for him and encourage him to get his haircut by someone who actually knows what they are doing... and even when to school to learn those skills. See, I forgot that I didn't have the clipper guard on. And I wanted to even out the back of his hair before I got out the scissors. Can you guess the rest? Maybe I'll get him to pose for a picture. But maybe not... I'm trying to downplay the damage.

Kaia's hair, however, is adorable. We did a short little sassy cut for the summer and she's working it well. Skylar just wanted a trim, so that's what she got.

In other, completely unrelated news, my blender broke yesterday. I must replace it, and soon!! Tis the season of green smoothies (so delicious, and healthy!) and... ok, Margaritas. So, the girls and I are going to go on a search. You'd think finding a blender would be easy, but I have standards, people!

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Must. See. Pics. LOL

Tera said...

Hi Pam! Yes, we are getting busy with VBS too...I was actually looking through the Director's Guide right before I decided to check email/blog. ;) We're doing SonRock Kids Camp by Gospel Light. I love the music! We're having ours July 12-16, so we'll have to be praying for each other a lot in July!! :)

Anonymous said...

You haven't updated all summer!!! School is about to start!